gwd test

18 April 2010

How did I do this? Polaroids and Bookshelves


Have a read...the deeper version is coming up - but not tonight. Those of you who know the shops bookshelf from the What's in Kenilworth? site will not see one here. I want to make one, but feel it may look naff as we see loads of Web 2.0 ensembles wherever we go. Let me have a think and see what I come up with. It's no secret that if Google can redo their banner a million times, then I can too (and so can you).

Back to the image, on the left is a Polaroid of the five political parties I made a few moments ago. So how did I do it? If I can - anyone can. Here's how:

Go to any web page or Google images will be fine. Take a screen shot (I use the Snipping Tool in Vista). Open Google Picasa, select images, create a collage. Save as an image, make another collage, use a polaroid border this time. Rotate and save again. It's done.

Here at The Mike Downes Page you can get the deeper version. I can make a web video with the brilliant Cam Studio. But why do that when I get get one already made from YouTube, so click here. I am not a big fan on embedded videos. I always like to watch a larger screen. decide for yourself:



In this instance, the video is fine with a calming voice. Some are not. Still, my aim is to get as many people as possible to know how to do all of this - only if they want to.

I have taught children in primary schools for years. There is no faster moving area than technology. It is the children who can move the fastest - adults try to think too much and feel they will break stuff. They can't. I am lucky and I know it when it comes digital stuff - it makes sense to me. I know that for others it is not, that's why I want to help everyone, to give as much knowledge away for free as possible. I would like to hear from any bloggers in Kenilworth. Email me mike@themikedownespage.com or subscribe to these sites - let's work together and make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For help adding links see How to add in line links

Popular Posts last 7 days