gwd test
14 July 2011
Newsgathering: Pick n Mix and Hit and Fade
I have a few theories knocking around on news gathering. Pick and Mix is where a council agenda list is published. Newsrooms may take what they like one day, publish, then come back for some more later on - or just pick n mix as they feel fit.
Hit and Fade is when a an item from a council agenda is reported ahead of time (or as soon as possible) and is NOT reported gain. This is certainly the case when using phrases like the council will make a decision next week. So a follow up story would be expected, but may not come.
This can be contrasted to the Nick Davis Ninja Turtle Syndrome where one title runs a storym then another and then another - then WE say, they have it, so MUST we (see Flat Earth News, page 145).
Labels:
news gathering
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts last 7 days
-
I mainly use Twitter from a laptop, upload photos to Google's Picasa and use Google's YouTube for videos. Oh, and I also upload blog...
-
If you know what you're looking for, type a word or two in the search box on the right. If you are just looking, click on word from the ...
-
The Outdoor Football/Basketball Court will now be open at weekends from 9am to 9pm as Mike Downes has agreed to open and close the court. A...
-
I've been avoiding anything to do with the election at all. I noticed the BBC News website had a new ELECTION 2010 section and that made...
-
This post supports the Article: U News-from Columbia Missouri Launches this week with a UK link: +Mike Downes
-
I needed to photograph Castle Hill, couldn't get parked as an event was on. Circled Clinton Lane ended up looping down Woodcote and into...
-
text Loading... end text
-
text open text closed test 2 http://www.123dapp.com/catch/toy-town-square/4222394 end text 2
-
text 1 Source: StatCounter Global Stats - Browser Market Share text 2
-
I often find it hard to answer this question (accurately). Two sources just discovered. First, the rather obvious Website page at Wikiped...

No comments:
Post a Comment
For help adding links see How to add in line links