gwd test
18 July 2011
How Many Global Websites are there? And how many are active?
I often find it hard to answer this question (accurately). Two sources just discovered.
First, the rather obvious Website page at Wikipedia: In February 2009, Netcraft, an Internet monitoring company that has tracked Web growth since 1995, reported that there were 215,675,903 websites with domain names and content on them in 2009, compared to just 18,000 websites in August 1995.
![]() |
| Netcraft July 2011 Web Server Survey |
With a closer inspection at Netcrafrt, we find this brilliant graphic where there seem to be 108 million global active websites in July 2011.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts last 7 days
-
I've been avoiding anything to do with the election at all. I noticed the BBC News website had a new ELECTION 2010 section and that made...
-
I needed to photograph Castle Hill, couldn't get parked as an event was on. Circled Clinton Lane ended up looping down Woodcote and into...
-
I mainly use Twitter from a laptop, upload photos to Google's Picasa and use Google's YouTube for videos. Oh, and I also upload blog...
-
text Loading... end text
-
text open text closed test 2 http://www.123dapp.com/catch/toy-town-square/4222394 end text 2
-
text 1 Source: StatCounter Global Stats - Browser Market Share text 2
-
If you know what you're looking for, type a word or two in the search box on the right. If you are just looking, click on word from the ...
-
The Outdoor Football/Basketball Court will now be open at weekends from 9am to 9pm as Mike Downes has agreed to open and close the court. A...
-
This post supports the Article: U News-from Columbia Missouri Launches this week with a UK link: +Mike Downes
-
When adding a comment to a blog post using Blogger, automatically, it is text only. Some websites/blogs allow links to be left using these t...

No comments:
Post a Comment
For help adding links see How to add in line links